MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom fields when posting in specific forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

I'm about to start a BUY and SELL website using myBB forum..

I wanted my website to have 2 main categories, MARKETPLACE and LOUNGE

I wanted the MARKETPLACE to be unique, where, when members want to post a new thread in this area/category, the standard forum input form is changed to a multi-field form... where member is required to put:

1) ITEM NAME:
2) ITEM STATE: (drop down, brand new/2nd hand)
3) ITEM PRICE:
4) ITEM WARRANTY:
5) ITEM DESCRIPTION: (basically the MESSAGE field, nothing more)

The system that I had in mind is simple really, this is just the FORM part and the backend is still the same posting routine of MyBB...

Basically the above input fields (1 to 4) are simply concatenated to the post (ITEM DESCRIPTION) on the fly during submission..

I wanted to make a plugin for this.. but i don't know how to do plugins.. and i may not have time to learn and develop..

I wish someoone would do this for me though, that's gona be awesome!

So to save time and learning curve, I was going to make some hard coded modifications to the source files (newthread.php and editpost.php) and make it display the special fields when it detects the target FID.. likewise insert the routine to concatenate the data properly..

but I've not really gone through the sources yet and I don't know the best approach towards my goals.

BrowNChiLD
still interested in hearing any thoughts on this ... Sad
(2009-04-01, 07:17 PM)brownchild Wrote: [ -> ]still interested in hearing any thoughts on this ... Sad

You may find Nickmans Form Manager Plugin useful for this, once the form is filled in it will post it to a forum in a new thread that you set it to Big Grin!

Im not able to get on MyBB Source at the moment, but iv left you with the plugin name.

http://mybbsource.com/forums/mods.php?act=view&id=99

MyBB Source
i saw that plugin and doesnt work for me ..i really need to alter/do my own stuff.. need guide on the actual process of mybb

so far after SELF DISCOVERING these things.. i found that i need to modify the

PREVIEW portion
functions_post.php

line 529
Quote: $post['message'] = $parser->parse_message($post['message'], $parser_options) . "my text";

as well as the actual saving of data into database
line 307
Quote:"message" => $mybb->input['message'] . "my text",

so far that's all i have figured out.it's mighty confusing to meSad