MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Deleting multiple users at the same time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Is there a way to delete multiple users at the same time from the adminCP?

The administration page for users lists down all the users i want to delete (by search query) but does not offer multi-selection for one time deletion..

or i may be missing something Smile

please advise thanks!

myBB 1.4.2
I think the only way is via an SQL query.
Sad not awesome
How many is it that you want to delete??
a bunch.. im goin to migrate one of my forums from phpbb to mybb.. and it has 3000+ users.. where about a thousand of those are inactive for over a year already and some of those inactive are bogus signups (spammers, robots).. I want a quick and easy way to pick out the good ones from the bad ones... check check check check - delete sort of thing ....

I could probably code a personal page for this purpose, but I dont want to go through the hassle of figuring out what tables to update when dropping users.. Sad
There is an Admin Toolkit available for phpbb 2.x Here. I don't know if it is available for phpbb 3.x, I have never used 3.x. It has the capability that you seek. Use it before migration.

~Rich
Is there a way to delete multiple users using phpbb? I would do it before I converted.

-edit-
I just read Hamin'X's post and noticed I basically said the same thing. Oops. Smile
hmm.. good idea.. but i also expect to be needing to do the same as time goes by on mybb forums.... however, a simply phpmyadmin query can help list all my target users, and then delete them .. but is that OK? i mean, dont I have to delete other tables dependent on the user? or something?