MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post restriction help & pm notifications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, i have installed the post restriction mod, when my users have less than 5 posts and they try and enter the restricted area, all they see it sorry you do not have enough posts.

I need something to say Sorry, you need 5 posts to access this forum, your currently have "3" posts.

I no the template in which needs to be editid, but i need to no the coding to show up there current post count.

Also, how can i make it so all my users recieve email notifications when they get a PM, I also want to remove the option for them to disable it.

Kind Regards,
Nath
For future reference, it's better to keep issues in separate threads as one belongs here, and one belongs in the plugins forum, I'm sure you know the first issue isn't MyBB support.

From member_register:

<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="emailpmnotify" id="emailpmnotify" value="1" {$emailpmnotifycheck} /></td>
<td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="emailpmnotify">{$lang->email_notify_newpm}</label></span></td>
</tr>

From usercp_options:

<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="pmnotify" id="pmnotify" value="1" {$pmnotifycheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="pmnotify">{$lang->pm_notify}</label></span></td>
</tr>

Then:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `pmnotify` = '1'

I'm sure I've given you this before...
What coding do i need for the first one?
(2009-03-17, 04:21 PM)nathandawe Wrote: [ -> ]What coding do i need for the first one?
For the post restriction you will need to talk to the creator of the modification.
All i need is some coding to show up a users post count.
Then I'll move this to plugin support.
Anyone no the coding to show a users amount of posts
Also, i need the same thing you gave me for pm notices, but for pm notices by email aswell.
The $mybb object has the post count in it. To get it from the mybb object you need to make sure you make it available inside the function call by using global and then you can use $mybb->user['postnum'].
(2009-03-18, 02:45 PM)nathandawe Wrote: [ -> ]Also, i need the same thing you gave me for pm notices, but for pm notices by email aswell.

You said the same thing in one sentence... but if what I think you mean is right, run the same SQL query and just change pmnotify to pmnotice. Then remove the relevant code from the templates, I'm sure you can figure it out by now.
Thanks.
skywalker2208 Can you explain a bit more?
Pages: 1 2