MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change login url
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so because currently the login url goes from wht url you are at say yoursite.com/index.php it will go to yoursite.com/member.php which does not exist. my question is how to change it to a static urlas in yoursite.com/forums/member.php. All I really need to know is where to edit these two areas that have the red box around them.

[Image: login.png]
It doesn't go to a blank member.php page unless something you have is interfering, it always goes back to where you were. What exactly do you plan to edit in those areas??
if you go to swtorarchives.com and try to login it doesnt direct towards swtorarchives.com/forums/member.php it directs towards swtorarchives.com/member.php which doesnt exist. i am trying to change the url instead of it saying /member.php i want it to be swtorarchives.com/forums/member.php. the reason forums isnt my index is because i have mkportal installed as well. i have considered moving member.php to the index but id rather it done this way to ensure i run into no other problems with this.
Then you have something that isn't default interfering. Try looking in the header or welcomeblock template, where the login box is, I think there's the path the member.php there, edit that.

But, really, if MkPortal is causing a problem, we don't know how it works to sort it and it isn't really MyBB support if something is being directly caused by something like MkPortal...
ill just copy member.php the issue isnt necessarily mkportal. basically when you got to the index of my site instead of it being swtorarchives.com/forums its swtorarchives.com. so it asks to login at the index but instead of directing to forums/member.php it directs to /member.php. if your at swtorarchives.com/forums it will login correctly thus showing its something needed to be changed with mybb. i do not know how to change the loding box info though. i just need to change the url that it asks for when you click login.

edit: can't move member.php doesn't work that way...im going to check the header and see what i can figure out form there.

edit: ugh i can't find crap all i need is to know to change where it links its a simple fix form there.

edit: fixed it it wasnt necessarily a problem with mybb its just mybb wasn't made to be used by mkportal. ty for pointing me in the right direction.
Check settings.php and config.php files to check id you board address is proper. Maybe thats causing the error.
(2009-03-17, 08:15 PM)Vysse Wrote: [ -> ]its just mybb wasn't made to be used by mkportal

Clearly, hence MkPortal being 3rd party...

(2009-03-18, 02:05 AM)glenvarun Wrote: [ -> ]Check settings.php and config.php files to check id you board address is proper. Maybe thats causing the error.

There's nothing like that in config.php at all.