MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [plugin - release] Amazon Store
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Plugin: Amazon Store
Add a Amazon Store to your board
Description: Add a new page, that is an Amazone Store, you will be able to generate income with it.

How to install:

Copy the file store_page.php in: /inc/plugins folder
Copy the file store.gif in: /images/toplinks folder
Activate from AdminCP
In Settings add your store ID from Amazon.

Demo link: http://eduard.homedns.org/forum/misc.php?action=store
Download link: http://test.edidesign.ro/thread-79.html
Wo, stretches the page a bit, eh?
That's pretty cool, I might use it if I decide to sign up as an Amazon affiliate.
Looks cool, but why should I artificially inflate your member count when I only want this one plugin? Not to mention from a forum with a host name of test?
(2009-03-20, 07:05 AM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Looks cool, but why should I artificially inflate your member count when I only want this one plugin? Not to mention from a forum with a host name of test?

Give me a PM and I will answer. I don't think you will be disappointed.
Regarding your comment about my site:
1. It is a test site that is why it has a subdomain of test it is a thing that all plugins developers should have.
2. Your free will will dictate if you want my plugins or not (six of them are released in this site mods section and will be more). I do not force you to join my site, and I don't care about the number of users of that site. I don't have ads or aother staff that can be related with the numbers so I don't care.
3. The site has a domain name and a host both of the are NOT test as you pointed, and also the site belongs to a registred company.
And again, where you saw a host name of test?
The subdomain is normal to be test because that is what it is - a test site.
Quote:It is a test site that is why it has a subdomain of test it is a thing that all plugins developers should have

I do agree with the above statement, having a "test site" where you may see the Plugin or Modification in action shows more professionalism than mere screencaps or even worse, nothing, you have to install the plugin to see if it suits your needs or not, this is something serious plugins developers do.
(2009-03-20, 07:05 AM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Looks cool, but why should I artificially inflate your member count when I only want this one plugin? Not to mention from a forum with a host name of test?

It seems that you misunderstood him. He is not asking, Why a test site? He's telling you that there is no point in increasing your member count on any board, especially on a test board
Quote:Why a test site?

Read my post above yours, it's self-explanatory.
(2009-03-20, 06:39 PM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]

It seems that you misunderstood him. He is not asking, Why a test site? He's telling you that there is no point in increasing your member count on any board, especially on a test board

I understood exactly what he is saying. He tries to be sarcastic and using a rhetorical question to find himself in a top situation and to put me in a lower position.
But the think is:
- it doesn't matter if it is or not a site that the domain is "test" or if he will become a member of a test site or not, he only wanted to be mean.
- What is matter is, if he will want that plugin he will have to follow the same steps as the other people follow.
- If he doesn't want the plugin, he is free not to join that site.
Being my site I also can call it however I want, and I can do whatever I want with it. As I stated before, all of us have free will and the free will is what is guiding our decisions, mine to ask for registration on that site and his NOT to register there.

PS. I am amazed he didn't commented about other plugins and themes sites that are with registration - almost all of them.
PPS. He is always free to do another plugin that is doing exactly the same function, the only issue will be if he will use my code or big chunks of it, because for this plugin the license is commercial.

EDIT: If he refers to the other site I would have to ask him to apologize me, but from what he said I am pretty sure at what site he is referring of.
for the test site there are two test users available for everyone:
test123
Password: test123
and: anjelika
password: anjelika
But if he was taking a peak at my others plugins would have already known that.
What if he was just curious as to why this or that?
/offtopic

About the plugin, very strange. I don't think I've ever seen anything like this.
Pages: 1 2