MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add skins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All right so I'm really new at this whole MyBB thing and have no idea how to add skins...I used to have a hosted MyBB forum and the host provided links for skins. I used those links and the skins worked. However there are several problems:
• Its missing some images, nothing big, but missing nonetheless.
• The backrounds are missing from every single skin...

So uh, how could I fix these problems and is there a link that provides a tutorial on skin adding?
When you download a theme, there should be a readme file in it. Follow that Toungue
URL?? I think I know what's wrong, same as what someone has every day, but a link will make sure.
The boards currently closed. Heres the situation: We beginning to move away from the host. One of our friends gave us a server and also gave us a mini-url so its: http://smashville.blazedisland.com/index.php
Anywho, this is my friends site, he's the one who uploaded MyBB, etc. But I'm a full-blown admin like he is(I have access to everything and anything I can touch) its just the readme files include something about the image file...does this mean I can't upload the skins?
As long as the images are uploaded properly, the theme imported properly, the image path in the theme settings is correct, the image paths in the CSS sheets are correct, and your CHMOD settings are right, themes should show fine. Not all themes come with all the images necessary, some require you to copy them from the default images, which can be a pain.
How do I:
•Upload images properly
•import them properly
•set image path correctly
•make imagepaths in CSS sheets correct
•and make sure the CHMOD settings are correct?