MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Newest members can't view topic posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
At least it's solved Smile ...?
(2009-03-19, 03:52 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]At least it's solved Smile ...?

Ehm, the problem is still there!

Whenever you change something in the 'Edit Options' of the User CP, you get the same bug. This also affects me too, so I think it affects everyone changing the options. When I run this query SQL:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `classicpostbit` = '1' WHERE `classicpostbit` = '0' 

in PHPmyAdmin, it fixes the problem. But only if I don't change the 'edit options'.

I haven't tested this on the other User CP related settings. If you want to, I can do that. If it helps solving this problem, I'll do it!

Help?

Thanks in advance.
-MV
Right, OK, in the UserCP templates => usercp_options, you'll see near the top there is a hidden input field for the posthash. After this, add:

<input type="hidden" name="classicpostbit" id="classicpostbit" value="1" />

Adding this will mean that everytime the options are updated, the classic postbit is forced on everyone - assuming of course you've removed the checkbox for it...?...

(Sorry it took so long for a reply, I was away for the weekend).
It should then use the setting that's in the ACP, no?? I mean I know a few people have said that the line of code you gave is needed, and I'll add it to my tutorial on it, but I just assumed it would then inherit the ACP setting.
I don't think it will use the setting to be honest - you've removed the checkbox in the options, which means when you hit save, it doesn't exist - meaning a value of 0 will always be entered into the classicpostbit field in the database. Master Vampire's problem is evidence that the ACP doesn't work all the time - or the user is forgetting to double check it. I'd put this as a recommendation in your tutorial.

By providing a hidden checkbox, 99% of the time the classic postbit will be updated with the 1 value.
(2009-03-23, 11:30 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Right, OK, in the UserCP templates => usercp_options, you'll see near the top there is a hidden input field for the posthash. After this, add:

<input type="hidden" name="classicpostbit" id="classicpostbit" value="1" />

Adding this will mean that everytime the options are updated, the classic postbit is forced on everyone - assuming of course you've removed the checkbox for it...?...

(Sorry it took so long for a reply, I was away for the weekend).

Thanks this fixed it completely. No worries about the late reply - I'm happy the problem's solved.

Cheers,
-MV
Pages: 1 2