MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A Question ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi my friends. I want to creat a new forum without losing my past forum's threads,members and messages. Is there ayone to explain how can I do that ?

Thanks.
Why can't you just change your current forum instead of starting a new one with the same members, threads and posts..

It doesn't sound to me like a new forum at all.

What changes do you want to make?
My forum has so many problems for a month. Some problems from my hosting server I think. So that I want to do that. My website is www.kickboksturk.com if you want to have a look.
There are so many problems on every part of my forum. On member logining,on sending thread...etc. These problems have occured suddenly 1 month before.
If you can give us some idea what sort of problems you're having, we might be able to help with them Smile

That way, you won't have to completely create a new forum. But if you're having problems with hosting, you might need to look into moving hosts, rather than creating a new forum.
Problems... Hmm.. For example I can't login. It gives a warning like " Before logining please correct these mistakes" it says. but under this sentence there is nothing Confused
Can you setup a test account we can use to check this out? No special permissions, just a simple registered user...
Of course.

member name : community
password: 123456

You can test my forum with this account.
I just get a blank page when I login with that. What plugins do you have installed?
I have these plugins actived on my forum : dailymotion BBcode plugin, favicon plugin , hide links to guests plugin and overview plugin . I haven't installed any plugins for a long time. These plugins are active on my forum for a long time. These are not new.
best thing to do it start fresh, meaning, resetting all of the settings and deactiving all plugins....

But to answer your question, you just install mybb on another URL and use the same SQL database.

Cohen