MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: subscription
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the Netherlands we say: Door de bomen het bos niet meer zien.
In English this must be: can't see the forest for its trees.

Why I am starting with this.
I was trying to download a plugin and what happens I had to pay or make some posts.
Making a little donation it OK but when everyone ask to make a donation you will have lots of subscription that every year comes back.
At this moment I have two of them. What page will be next????
At the end of the year I can't see the forest for its trees.

I hope with making this little donation I have a better suport then I have with a plugin that somebody makes here.
Add a plugin here and then he/she never came back online.

I think its better to make a little higher donation here and ALL PLUGINS are free. SO you have only one subscription and hope a good support
I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about =/

Plugins here are free
I know, here all plugins are free. But you regulary find a plugin here that is on another page where you had to pay for.
For me its better pay once to get all plugins then paying 2 or more times for different boards where you can get plugins.
This plugins are made for mybb so it sounds normal that all plugins must be downloadable from one site (free or not).
Well, MyBB Staff can't really control development of plugins anyway... And people like Labrocca have to provide somehow
I understand that, it is not an attack to them. I also am subscription to L plugin page. And he is making good ones.
But when everybody is doing this you must be subscriptioned to 10 or more pages. What means:
- paying 10 times
- remember 10 passwords
- remember on what page it was
- hope that the support is OK
- lots of mails from different pages
etc

It is not the paging for me.
For me it is better paing one time USD 24 then paying 6 times USD 4.
Well don't subscribe to them then. I only know 2 sites right now that require a subscription for their plugins. And one is only for more modules of the plugins.

I mean it's better than like IPB or vB where you have to buy the paid add-ons individually Toungue.
You need to consider that people create plugins. If they want to charge for them, its their decision, they made them, not you. If you dont like that, then make it yourself Wink
(2009-03-19, 06:09 PM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]I know, here all plugins are free. But you regulary find a plugin here that is on another page where you had to pay for.
For me its better pay once to get all plugins then paying 2 or more times for different boards where you can get plugins.
This plugins are made for mybb so it sounds normal that all plugins must be downloadable from one site (free or not).
I never said that I did not want to pay for it. I know creating them will take time and there I want to pay for.
When you read my post word by word and not only some parts you see that my problem is totaly something else then paying for it.
If you don't want to pay for a bunch of subscriptions, just make a request on a forum you already have subscribed to..
0.o

Also, MyBBSource offers free plugins, of course you have to register.. but I don't think you have to make any posts anymore..