MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Way to change member IP address
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wondering if I can change a members IP address.
In cpadmin users/member/profile it gives me a IP address of **.**.***.*** which according him is not right, plus the last known IP addess shows nothing. I know that most IP addresses are supposed to look like this ***.**.***.*** (You know what I mean)

This member has been trying for over a month to get on, and just can't.

Please help.. He is a good mate

Geoff
Does it really matter that it's not right? Like if it can't be corrected, is it a big deal?
It's the only explaination to why he cannot connect to the site.
We have tried many attempts at to get him on, as he was a major contributor to an earlier site. And he emails me every chance he gets with info to add to the site. I would rather that he did it himself.

So yes Tom, to me it is a big deal. like yourself he adds to the site tremendously assisting those having difficulty, as you do. It would be a great shame to this site if you could not answer those many basic and sometimes silly questions forwarded onto here (Myself being one of those)

Thanx for the reply

Geoff
Hm. Can he view all other sites fine?
By any chance, do you have a proxy killer/blocker plugin? I know from experience, (and from working in one) ISPs sometimes install a transperent proxy for there customers (sometimes only for non business ones and sometimes for all and you have to ask to be removed/bypass).
Check with your host if he has been blocked by their firewall. Happened to me once and i couldn't open any of my pages.
get the user to go to www.whatismyip.com

what dose it show there and are you wanting to change the ip the user has set in the database if so this can be done

and are you saying you not banned the user but he/she cant get on the site ?

if that is the case yes first check with your host to make sure they not go the user on there banned ip list

let us know what happens
An IP address of "**.**.***.***" is perfectly valid and shouldn't be a reason why someone is blocked. As for "cannot connect" does he get some error message? If not, then most likely the host may have blocked him (most likely unintentionally - a host may block a range of attacking IPs and if his IP happens to fall within the range...).

You can also try asking him if using a proxy works.
The member has tried to use a proxy and gets on BUT
He cannot view threads. When you look at at "Who's online" he has this beside his name "Changing DST Switch". I did a google search and came up with 4 pages of hits with the same thing, all MYBB forums.

Please help
Geoff
Right, most likely the issue is either your server blocking his IP, or some connectivity issue on his end. Please check with your host to ensure that his IP isn't blocked.
Pages: 1 2