MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 500 Internal Server Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have move all my sites to a new server but for some reaon one of mybb forums is not working it comes up with a Internal Server Error there is a link below to my site anyone got any ideas

http://tinyurl.com/6f7ss6
500 Errors are normally a problem with your host. I would open a ticket with them.
Compare the .htaccess of that one forum with the .htaccess of the others, there may be something in it that your new host does not like.
lol its not the host beacuse its me could be a setting on htaccess but there has been no change so i will go have a look
(2009-03-22, 10:13 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]500 Errors are normally a problem with your host. I would open a ticket with them.
(2009-03-22, 05:29 PM)Tazfan Wrote: [ -> ]lol its not the host beacuse its me could be a setting on htaccess but there has been no change so i will go have a look
(2009-03-22, 10:13 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]500 Errors are normally a problem with your host. I would open a ticket with them.

i had the same problem a while ago and my host also said it was my problem not theirs untill i spoke to a guy who actually monitors servers for a living. he told me it was a webhost error and if your web host knows his/her stuff then he can sort it. if he still says its a problem your side id change hosts.
ok its not a host problem or the htaccess any other ideas ?
check the error log of the web server, it should give some details as to why it errors out

also check that all files and directories have the proper ownership & permissions
i have checked this but its still not showingHuh
(2009-03-22, 06:28 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]check the error log of the web server, it should give some details as to why it errors out

also check that all files and directories have the proper ownership & permissions
PM me FTP and I will take a peek.
Remove the .htaccess file from your web root, and turn off "Friendly URLs" in your ACP. That way the links will go back to normal.

If errors persist after this, then consult your host.
Pages: 1 2