MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to remove space between categories?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I remove the spaces between the categories?
Do you mean spacing between say, MyBB 1.2 series and MyBB 1.4 series i this forum?
then...
Log on to admin CP and go to templates
Forum Bit Templates > forumbit_depth1_cat template
and remove the <br /> at the end. That will do it.
Remove the <br /> from the end of the forumbit_depth1_cat template.
Oh! Someone beat Matt. :O

/offtopic.
Thanks
(2009-03-22, 11:26 PM)Dalton Wrote: [ -> ]Oh! Someone beat Matt. :O

/offtopic.

I've failed.

Sad

Toungue
oops ! Smile
Not trying to highjack this thread but a followup question.
After removing that space, is there a way to make tcat the space for category and only one thead at the verytop with site name. THanks
Edit: like this. http://forums.debian.net/
You have to edit the index template. You place the legend from one of the forums at the top and remove it from the forumbit template. Here's how to get it like those forums:

In forumbit_depth1_cat find:
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">

And delete it. Next, find (in the same template):
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_forum}</strong></td>
<td class="tcat" width="85" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_threads}</strong></td>
<td class="tcat" width="85" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_posts}</strong></td>
<td class="tcat" width="200" align="center"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_lastpost}</strong></td>
</tr>

And delete that too. Next find:
</table>

And delete it.

Now, open the index template and find:
{$header}

And place under it:
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_forum}</strong></td>
<td class="tcat" width="85" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_threads}</strong></td>
<td class="tcat" width="85" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_posts}</strong></td>
<td class="tcat" width="200" align="center"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_lastpost}</strong></td>
</tr>

Next find:
{$forums}

And place this under it:
</table>
<br />

Then save the templates and it should work.
Thanks. I will try and report back.
Mods, you may please split this topic if necessary.
Neet trick but even after removing the br there is still a tiny bit of space.