MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I've made an awesome looking MyBB!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2009-04-15, 10:28 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, nothing too fancy IMO.

LOL

Care to clarify?
I don't know that there's much to clarify about 'nothing too fancy' ...
Other than the postbit, it's just the standard stuff with a few color changes.
Quite ordinary, just the postbit seems to be different. Header and footer resemble any Afresh layout. The colours work ok. The header image is nice though.

BTW your quote boxes need some work in Chrome.
[attachment=13524]
(2009-04-16, 12:59 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know that there's much to clarify about 'nothing too fancy' ...
Other than the postbit, it's just the standard stuff with a few color changes.

There's only so far you can take any forum without sacrificing forum over function. I didn't feel it necessary to convolute the board, just to make it look good. The postbit bar took a lot of work and Labrocca helped me get it working, and IMO it's very unique. Aside from the system icons (which are from the same SILK set that MyBB uses), every single image was custom designed by me.

I'm not claiming to have reinvented the wheel here, but many, many hours of custom work went into this and I think it's all in the details in this case.

In the end though, I honestly do believe it's the best looking MyBB out there, but I think this is moreso because there aren't many great looking MyBBs as it is ... I am hoping that more people will begin to invest the effort into customizing their site.

BTW, your Borders theme looks very good. Hope you finish it soon.

(2009-04-16, 02:30 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]BTW your quote boxes need some work in Chrome.

This is due to Chrome not currently supporting some standard CSS3 elements.
Not really the best theme out there but its quite good. It does thought remind me of that old MyBB fans site though Toungue

EDIT: Oh its based upon Afresh that's why it looks similar ><
I've updated the subject line to be less arrogant. Toungue
lol what's the difference?Toungue Just kidding.
To be honest and fair. I think Brad's site is one of the best mybb sites I have seen. Why not post a better looking one if you think otherwise. I think since this is about great design it's fair to post other sites too. Are you okay with that Brad?

http://www.mountmoon.net/ <-- looks good but not as clean as WBO
http://www.yugiohcardmaker.net/ <-- good but not extraordinary

Maybe people have a hard time complimenting someone claiming to have the best looking site but unless you can show me a better looking one. I am gonna have to agree with Brad.
I agree with Infranight. A lot more thought has gone into Justin's design, than just modifying a theme. I'm not trying to take away from you Brad, you did a great job - but that theme's better, imho.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6