MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide for guests 1.1 plugin problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi people, i have a problem with the hide for guest plugin.

There are options to hide the images, links, links in code tags & quotes...

If i turn off the image hiding but keep the other options ON (which I want to do actually), the plugin blocks the links fine but

the image is shown as a link rather than an image..

The post appears like this:
[img]http://tinypic.com/pic_____ture.jpg

Any way to solve this?
(2009-03-23, 02:42 PM)raider Wrote: [ -> ]Hi people, i have a problem with the hide for guest plugin.

There are options to hide the images, links, links in code tags & quotes...

If i turn off the image hiding, the plugin blocks the links fine but

the image is shown as a link rather than an image..

The post appears like this:
[img]http://tinypic.com/pic_____ture.jpg
It depends where you cut the message, if the message is cut immediately before the closing image tag you will see what you said. If the message cut is after you will see the image. What I am saying to be able to see images you will have to have the tags closed Smile
It is exactly the same when you do a post add the first image tag but you forget to close it, you will see only the link but not the image.
What do u mean by cut the image?? I have kept the no of characters to show in my plugins as 200 which was default...
You mean its cutting these characters before closing the image tag..
(2009-03-23, 03:38 PM)raider Wrote: [ -> ]What do u mean by cut the image?? I have kept the no of characters to show in my plugins as 200 which was default...
You mean its cutting these characters before closing the image tag..

Increase the number of characters for the full image link and both tags (img and /img) and you will see the image. The big issue now is the fact that you will never know where the image will be or how long is the code for it so, you will have for sure posts where instead of a image you will have a part of the link.