MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some additional suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some good suggestions. Like the open local URLs in same window.

There is already a myCode manager. Go to mods.mybboard.com or look in the modification forum a few categories down in this forum.
You also might want to check out Smethead's reputation mod. I think that should do what you require.
AndyM3 Wrote:[*]Mark forum as read, on the index page! I think it would be a great idea if you could click the post indicator on the index page of the forum, rather than having to venture into each forum you want to mark and clicking on the "Mark this forum read" hyperlink. You wouldn't have to use the "Mark All Forums Read on the main forum index either, in case you wanted to keep certain forums as 'unread' while marking others as 'read'.

I think that is an excellent idea!

Also with your "Jump to Page Number" idea, a developer may be able to make something like that by basing it from Da Dude's Jump To Topic Mod:
http://mods.mybboard.com/view.php?did=52
Here is the BASIC code for the jump to a specific page in the thread mod. Someone would need to hide the TID input and clean it up. Here it is:
<form name="jump" method="GET" action="showthread.php?tid=$tid">
<input name="tid" type="tid" value="$tid" size="3">
<input name="page" type="page" size="3">
<input type="submit" value="OK"></form>
kodaks Wrote:Here is the BASIC code for the jump to a specific page in the thread mod. Someone would need to hide the TID input and clean it up. Here it is:

The correct way would be:
<form name="jump" method="GET" action="showthread.php">
<input name="tid" type="hidden" value="$tid">
<input name="page" type="text" size="3">
DennisTT Wrote:
kodaks Wrote:Here is the BASIC code for the jump to a specific page in the thread mod. Someone would need to hide the TID input and clean it up. Here it is:

The correct way would be:
<form name="jump" method="GET" action="showthread.php">
<input name="tid" type="hidden" value="$tid">
<input name="page" type="text" size="3">
Cool, thanks for the clean up!
Thanks for the comments on my suggestions guys, and thanks Dennis and Kodaks for that little code! I'm going to put it to use on my forum right now.

Are there any MyBB staff members that think any of my suggestions look particularily interesting and might be considered? I'm just curious.
I'v some sugestions too

for example adding a template for viewed thread or updated thread (it can be implemented for forums too)

in VBull.... 4example updated threads shown bold