MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reply shouldn't automatically quote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It gets kind of annoying on a forum when user after user clicks the reply button and you end up with 30 lines of quotes and 2 lines of an actual response. Ideally, the user would click the larger "New Reply" button at the bottom of the thread instead of the smaller "reply" button after the last post. How do I change that smaller "reply" button to act as the larger "New Reply" button so I don't have to worry about it? Is it something to do with the pid?

Thanks!
With the following template edit. Bear in mind that if you do this, people will only be able to quote a post using multiquote...

In postbit_quote, replace:

newreply.php?tid={$tid}&pid={$post['pid']}

with:

newreply.php?tid={$tid}
Actually, it should automatically quote, as that is what it was/is designed for.

If you want it to work your way, edit the 'postbit_quote' template of your theme and delete the
&pid={$post['pid']}
from the beginning of the template.
Thanks to both of you for your help.
You can also consider removing the reply button in postbit and postbit_classic altogether.
It's a "quote" button. I don't know why it's labelled "reply".
Apparently it was done when multiquote was added. I have the 'Quote' button if anyone wants it.
Great post realitybend
Nothing worse than seeing the same post over and over again.
A lot of mybb users will users will be thankful you brought the subject up.

Did I ever say how good the support staff are here.... Proberly did.
Well done.
Geoff