MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please fill out the image verification code to continue the login process. Please ent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I had a member get this message today after she logged in with the wrong username or password and had to wait 15 minutes to try again:

"Please fill out the image verification code to continue the login process. Please enter the code exactly how it appears in the image." Rolleyes

Only problem was, there was no image! So I just deleted her account and had her make a new one.

Now I forgot my password, had to wait 15 minutes, and now that I entered the right one, I'M get this message--with no accompanying image. Dodgy

Please help Huh
[Image: facepalm.jpg]

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-410...#pid279706

How many times I personally have given this link: http://community.mybboard.net/search.php...order=desc

You would have found an answer to this if you had searched. There's a thread on this every day.
*Bangs head on wall as matt is*
I just wish this was fixed in current download package. Hundreds may have installed this since the bug was found. People might not notice for a long time too. It's a terrible bug since it prevents users from logging in. Many will just leave the site and never return thinking it's broken.

1.4.5...please come soon.
@labrocca, I second that. Although (...), any updates will cause me massive amount of work - I did change many PHP core files (all can be found around as they were changed to solve problems I asked about).
nah...just update that one damn broken file...when you have something that's related to login or signup it should be fixed asap in download package...those functions are much too important to wait for a maitenance release.
The file itself (according to the link Matt gave) was changed a long time ago (if you'll search my username, you'll see that I asked about this bug a long time ago - really, don't search, just take my word about it). What I said before was about the (very expected) 1.4.5 version.
The modified file has only been downloaded 650 times - out of ? MyBB installations. If it was something that affected everyone, or a majority of MyBB users, then I'm sure it would be fixed in the 1.4.4 package.

Otherwise the answer to the problem is quite easy to find.
Perhaps an announcement should be posted that points new users of the 1.4.4 package straight to the fix, if not updated in the 1.4.4 package itself. That would prevent these numerous threads on this issue from being posted, since search terms can very greatly and lead to way too many threads to look at to get the actual 1.4.4 fix.

I was pretty much clueless that this issue even existed until one of my members reported, in detail, what he was -not- seeing. And that was only after a couple days of failed trial and error attempts to get him logged in. It was only then that I came here seeking a solution to the problem. I have no clue how many others had this problem, never reporting it, and simply gave up trying.
Hardly anybody reads things as it is. If people only search for something like 'no captcha' or 'no image verification', they'll find the link to the fix. There's sticky threads in here that often get ignored.
Pages: 1 2 3