MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Solved] Website Integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

First of all, do not redirect me here: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-6190.html as it does not work.

I am creating a website. I want my Forum users to be able to login with their forum login details. I have more than basic knowledge of html, css, php, and mysql. I've never tried integration before. Could somebody walk me through this?

Once again, the above post did not work. It kept showing the login form, after member.php successfully transferred from /forums to /beta.
It's hard to walk you through a full integrationConfused
Sorry, I meant, I just need it to login the member and say "Hello, {membername}."

Edit: I have stood behind MyBB so much when fellow web developers speak of forums. I NEED this, and I am counting on this awesome community.
Try this:
<?php
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
require_once "forums/global.php";

if($mybb->user['uid'] != 0)
 {
  echo "Welcome, <b>{$mybb->user['username']}</b>!";
 }
else
 {
  echo "Welcome, <b>Guest</b>!";
 }
?>
It's just blank, I checked to make sure I was logged in on the forums too. If you want to see the page yourself, I'd be glad to PM you the link, I'd rather this not get out yet. (I have curious members =] )

Edit: I just tried your updated post. It says "Welcome, Guest" if I am logged in or not.

2nd Edit: Does this have anything to do with my forums operating on a subdomain? It's forums.site.com, but you can access the script from site.com/forums . I think it does.

3rd Edit: Yes, I have found the problem. I am going to have to forget the subdomain. It works when I erased the cookie domain in the ACP and logged in the forums using site.com/fourms instead of forums.site.com