MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Automatic Email Notification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to set up my forum so a moderator gets an email every time a new thread is started or a message is posted?
ask the moderator to subscribe thread.... Big Grin
Subscribing to a thread doesn't happen automatically, does it? If a user posts a new thread, I need a moderator to get an email about it even if he hasn't visited the forum that day.

Thanks.
Yes, tell them to subscribe to that forum, then they'll at least get messages about new threads in that forum. There's no way to make them get an email to a thread they haven't subscribed to without a plugin.
Thanks! Is there any way I can subscribe him for him?
(2009-03-25, 04:58 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]There's no way to make them get an email to a thread they haven't subscribed to without a plugin.

As I said, if you want them to automatically subscribe to a thread in a certain forum even if they've never posted in it, it'll need a plugin.
Thanks for your help. What I meant, though, was could I subscribe him to the forum without requiring any action on his part?
If you want to login to his account, or run an SQL query, every time a thread is made in said forum, then yes. Otherwise, not without a plugin...
Thanks. Nice avatars, by the way.