MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Facebook Connect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would probity be the best addon ever for mybboard, no other forum supports this yet, and the resources are already there to download, php and all!

I guess implementing facebook connect, would just be like a register page, but working with a facebook connect instead?
If i understood the way mybboard uses cookies and sessions then i might attempt it..

But you could even have it so if you already have an account, you could add your facebook to "update your information and display picture"

=]
I was under the impression that IPB used this technology already.
I know vbulletin already has a modification called facebook connect.
I really don't think this is the sort of thing that would be a default feature....
(2009-03-25, 08:50 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]I was under the impression that IPB used this technology already.

(2009-03-25, 09:56 PM)skywalker2208 Wrote: [ -> ]I know vbulletin already has a modification called facebook connect.

Both of them do. It's best suited to a plugin - if anything, it's probably best to implement OpenID.
Oh right, but you have to pay for both of those boards, plus i dont really get OpenID, i sont know anyone at all that uses it? plus there isnt one central OpenID database, theres like 10!
And another thing i didnt get is, that you can login to sites with your OpenID without a password?
or do i have it wrong?
I'm pretty sure you need to enter a password on OpenID-supportive sites. Last time I used it anyways, you did.
(2009-03-26, 08:34 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure you need to enter a password on OpenID-supportive sites. Last time I used it anyways, you did.

Yep you do.. I did a few days ago, they have picture passwords.
Ah, I remember that transition nowToungue
"I dont know anyone at all that uses it?"

I use OpenID, so now you do know someone who uses it. Toungue

(2009-03-26, 08:31 PM)godsdead Wrote: [ -> ]...And another thing i didnt get is, that you can login to sites with your OpenID without a password?
or do i have it wrong?

You can log into OpenID enabled sites without a password, only when your browser is logged into your OpenID provider.

(2009-03-26, 08:33 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Both of them do. It's best suited to a plugin - if anything, it's probably best to implement OpenID.

Yes, it would be great to have OpenID working with MyBB.