MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 500 Internal Server Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I am trying to install my MyBB. I have uploaded all the documents and also CHMOD them correctly now when I am trying to install it I get the following message:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I thought that Its a Host problem and I contacted host but he says its problem on my side. What is the Solution?????
Have you modified your .htaccess?? What page are you trying to view?? The installer?? What's the install folder and the contents CHMOD to??
I have not modified .htaccess. I am trying the install it by .com/forum/install/. I have CHMOD install folder and its contents to 777
They don't need to be 777, that's what's causing the error. Only CHMOD what needs to be CHMOD.

http://www.learnmybb.com/forums/thread-118.html
Try CHMODing the install/index.php to 644. It might be 777 which some hosts do not allow. If it is 777 that is the problem.
Maybe try removing the htaccess file all together. I have had some problems with hosts where whenever i upload a .htaccess containing a mod_rewrite function i get a 500.