MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [release] Theme 9 Final with improved menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[release] Theme9 Final

Installation Instructions:
1) Upload the included image folder to your ./images directory
2) Import included theme XML into your Admin CP > Templates & Style > Import a Theme.
3) Switch to the new theme via your User Control Panel!
4) Enjoy the new look of your forum. Smile

Based of default 1.4.4. Logo.png has my title. Logo.jpg in the images folder is clean. Sorry I don't own photoshop.

Menu has been also fixed to look better.
The gradients look too awkardConfused
They are not gradients. I was trying to match my main page.

http://www.sidhudesign.com/main/index.html
It looks really bad. Pretty much every element of it looks bad.
Well in that case... 3/5.. Those 'colors' look...awkward.
Wow, harsh guys.
I personally think it looks great.
Aside from the black text on blue background, I think everything is pretty nice!
Great integration, btw.
(2009-03-26, 01:55 AM)Infranight Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, harsh guys.
I personally think it looks great.

The fact of the matter is that none of tomdickandharry's themes have been very good. He's consistently received useful criticism but seems to ignore it and rather than invest a lot of time into producing one good theme, he churns out themes that receive little or no use. I think false re-enforcement of bad ideas, such as calling this theme "great", is simply not going to be helpful at all (either that, or your standards are not very high).

I don't think it's unfair to criticize themes that are clearly not up to par. It may seem harsh but pretty much any criticism will seem harsh to someone. I just think the theming situation for MyBB is pretty dire and it would be nice to see some authors practice quality over quantity. I can probably count the number of excellent MyBB themes on one hand.

And before anyone calls me a hypocrite, I'm still working on a theme for MyBB but I've been sidetracked ... and regardless, it's better to put out no themes than to put out bad themes, IMO.

There hasn't really been a "great" theme for MyBB 1.4 since it was launched. I'd love to work with someone who's good at templating to resolve this problem, but until then I suppose I'll just have to wait.
He is entitled to his opinion. But nobody will ever improve if they never try. 1.4x is a little harder to theme than 1.2x. It will take some practice.
(2009-03-26, 03:01 AM)tomdickandharry Wrote: [ -> ]He is entitled to his opinion. But nobody will ever improve if they never try. 1.4x is a little harder to theme than 1.2x. It will take some practice.

Aside from the header, which templates did you customize?
What does that have to with anything. Sometimes simple themes are the best. Anyhow practice is the only way to improve.

So never making anything is not helping anything.

Having zero themes to choose from or improve because everyone is too scared to try is not the helping either.
Pages: 1 2 3