MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Logon has lost Admin status
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone help me?

My Admin logon is no longer an administration account.

I suspect that the account has been changed because the number of postings has triggered a status change and made it a 'Super Poster' and not a 'Super Administrator'
Is it possible for me to recover this, I do not have another administrator account with sufficient access to edit the admin account.

Thanks in advance.
Run this in your phpmyadmin:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = '1'

make sure you replace the one with your User id or if it is 1 keep it as 1.
(2009-03-26, 01:37 AM)JonP Wrote: [ -> ]Run this in your phpmyadmin:

Sorry for being so thick but - How do I do this?

(I am a newbie)
I apologise for my stupidity, I now realise what you are saying.
I have run the enquiry ok, but I am still having problems logging in. Thanks for the help so far, I will shout again when I work out what is going on.
(2009-03-26, 01:52 AM)Lammo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-03-26, 01:37 AM)JonP Wrote: [ -> ]Run this in your phpmyadmin:

Sorry for being so thick but - How do I do this?

(I am a newbie)
I apologise for my stupidity, I now realise what you are saying.
I have run the enquiry ok, but I am still having problems logging in. Thanks for the help so far, I will shout again when I work out what is going on.

JonP said to run the command in phpmyadmin. Most likely the area you created the database in when you set up mybb.
What problems are you having now?? Can't really help any further if you just say 'I am still having problems'...
(2009-03-26, 08:39 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What problems are you having now?? Can't really help any further if you just say 'I am still having problems'...

I apologise for my abrupt end, last night, but I realised I should engage brain before further destruction. My first attempt to run the query suggested by JonP seemed to half work in that it gave me the normal panel options. However when I attempted to log on to the Admin CP my password was not accepted.

Today I found the usergroup had reverted to that of a normal user, I repeated the procedure with the database query and things seem to be as they should be. I am not sure why it didn't work the first time, presumably operator error.

Thanks again to all for excellent and timely support.