MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Losing smilie box underneath Text editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Test Account?
Yeah, we need a test account. Considering the fact we need to be logged in to even see the board, I'm not really sure what you expect anyone to be able to do with just a URL Shy
Sorry Rolleyes the test account username is; Testy. password is; snapper.

and here's the URL to the forums http://www.roamfreerecovery.com/forum/index.php

So if you could take a look and give me an idea on how to proceed, I'd appreciate it.
Ok, it's because you have a very wide smilie and it's stretching out the box. Best thing to do is either remove that one from that box in the manage smilies section of the ACP (ACP > Configuration > Smilies > **choose smilie** > Edit > Show on clickable list? > NO) , or change the settings to have 3 columns, not 4 (ACP > Configuration > Clickable Smilies and BB Code > No. of Smilie Cols to Show > 3).
I've tried both of those options and it still underneath the text editor. Confused
You still have smilies that are wider than the standard ones, meaning it's stretching. Unless you want to increase the width of that entire column, only show smaller ones on there. Or, if you would prefer to make the column wider... in the newreply template, find this:

<tr>
<td class="trow2" valign="top"><strong>{$lang->your_message}</strong><br />{$smilieinserter}</td>
<td class="trow2">
<textarea id="message" name="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2" >{$message}</textarea>
{$codebuttons}
{$multiquote_external}
</td>
</tr>

and in the newthread template, find this:

<tr>
<td class="trow2" valign="top"><strong>{$lang->your_message}</strong>{$smilieinserter}</td>
<td class="trow2">
<textarea name="message" id="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2">{$message}</textarea>
{$codebuttons}
{$multiquote_external}
</td>
</tr>

... and add a width attribute to both the <td> tags in each template.

To be honest it'd be easier to just show smaller ones really.
Sorry to be a bother, but I've deleted all the wide smilies and it's still under the text box. Dodgy
[Image: ah%20go%20on.gif]
Smile

Top one is 3x wider.

[Image: thanks7.gif]
Smile

Top one is over 2x wider.

Undecided

Do a test, just put the default ones on there just to make sure it is the size of the smilies.
Thanks for your time and patience Matt, deleting the smilies worked Blush

Actually, I was able to keep those two and just deleted a few much larger ones.

Thanks again Heart