MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 'New Posts' Denied
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few users of my board;

www.tortoise-world.com

have been complaining that they cannot access the newposts view of the forum:
http://www.forum.tortoise-world.com/sear...ion=getnew

I've looked around the adminCP, but I really really don't like the new-look one, and I find it very hard to us.

I set up a test account for you to try;

testaccount
tortoise

Thanks in advanced

Josh
Sorry, but no results were returned using the query information you provided. Please redefine your search terms and try again.

This what you mean??
It is because there are no new/unread posts. That's why it says "Sorry, but no results were returned using the query information you provided. Please redefine your search terms and try again."
The currently registered members got the 'permission denied' message that you get when your forum permissions are set that you can't do something. Wierd.
Are they in a different usergroup to the test account?? Can't see how users in the same group would see that message when some don't...
Nope, they are in exactly the same group.
Hmmz... what plugins do you have??
I have phpmyAdmin, which doesn't seem to be compatible with the version of myBB.
phpMyAdmin is part of the hosting package, not MyBB... do you have any MyBB plugins??
(2009-03-26, 07:57 PM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]It is because there are no new/unread posts. That's why it says "Sorry, but no results were returned using the query information you provided. Please redefine your search terms and try again."

I submitted a patch to make that error message more friendly when there simply are no new posts.