MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Option For Automatically Subscribing Moderators To Their Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't know if this was ever brought up before, but I think it would be a nice feature added to the ACP if when adding a moderator, you were given the option to either Subscribe the user, force them to subscribe (un-removable in ucp) or do not subscribe.
No, definitely not. That would be so annoying for moderators.
And how difficult is it to ask moderators to subscribe to their respective forums? If you can't communicate this to your staff you have problems.

Moderators should be trusted members...they should be also trusted to follow directions.
I'm on the same train of thought as labrocca. I don't really like forcing subscriptions... if they don't want to get an email for every single reply, they shouldn't have to. If it was me in that position, I'd setup a new email account to act as a black-hole and have them sent there. I also might not want to stay a mod if I kept getting emails for everything.
I never said emails.
But automatically subscribing them would have an email sent every time a new post is made, a new thread is made, etc.
What would be the point in just subscribing them to the threads so they show up in the thread subscriptions?? If they'd check that list, couldn't they they just... check the forum first?? Undecided
I don't think this would have a good purpose, unless users can opt-out of it.
I would've thought that a nice little 'There have been X new posts in your forums, click here to view' message on the index would've been a sufficient option.

I'm not saying I need this feature at all, it just dawned on me.