MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Two mybb on same database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So yesterday I installed mybb on one of my sites and all I got was blank page.I could login to admin cpanel but when trying to get to the forum only white was revealed.
Just moments ago I become aware that my other forum isnt working.It has same problems as new one and then I remembered that I used same database for both of them and I think that might be the problem.
So i went and deleted new one but I still cant access my old forum and I would really like it back.
Does anyone have any idea how to reverse this?
The database entries from the deleted forum are obviously interfering with the other forum because both of the forums used the same prefix (mybb_). If you can access the ACP of your forum take a backup and delete the database and add a new one and restore the backup.
If you have a backup you're fine.
A really good host might be able to get you a copy of the 2-7 day old version of the database.
My idea of backup from ACP will not work. Just realised.
Being on the same database is fine as long as there's a different prefix. I have loads of test forums on one database with different prefixes. Can we have a URL to what you do have...??
I guess I used same prefix(sorry dont know exactly what that means or when was I supposed to change it)but old forum was overwritten with new one.
My host was trying to save it but files were gone.Lucky for me I had some old DB stored on my comp so 90% of it will be saved though.

There should really be a warning for nOObs like me when installing second script to use different prefix.I know for some this is simple logic but some of us are still in stone age Smile
After almost a month i managed to import my database.But now new problem has arisen.Just to tell what and how I did it.
First my host uploaded old database.I reinstalled mybb under some random database.Once that was done I changed this files marked with X:

$config['database']['type'] = 'mysql';
$config['database']['database'] = 'XXX';
$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';

$config['database']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$config['database']['username'] = 'XXX';
$config['database']['password'] = 'XXX';

Rest of the config file I left as it is.Then I saved the file and copy it to inc folder again.
Is there anything else I should do becasue Im getting weird forum look and cant change it.Admin panel looks normal but forum on the other hand doesnt.

http://www.bloodhoundforum.org
You need to make sure ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are CHMOD to 777....
I changed /cache/themes to 777 but still no effect.
I changed themes in admin panel after chmoding and still no effect.
And what about ./cache/ ?? It's either that, or your board URL setting is wrong.
Pages: 1 2