MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to remove register link?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, first post. Woo hoo, jk.

I am using version 1.2.11

I would like to know which file to edit to remove the register link. You know after you log out of the forum. Then you see.....

Hello There, Guest! (Login — Register)

I need to remove the Register link and make it look like this.

Hello There, Guest! (Login)

If your wondering why I am using an older version, its because the newer versions will not integrate into my site. Until I work on that project later, hehe. So any hints would be appreciated, thanks.
You should at least update to 1.2.14.

Open Header Templates, then header_welcomeblock_guest and remove this:

lang.register_url = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register\">{$lang->welcome_register}<\/a>";
Thanks Bey Brad, that did the trick for me. I think I am going to try updating to 1.2.14. Going to go find the link to the update right away. Right after I top up my coffee cup, lol. Thanks again for the help. Super fast reply!

UPDATE: I found this link http://community.mybboard.net/thread-33865.html

I can't seem to find where I can download the 1.2.14 update. I see a link for changed files there but no link for the 1.2.14 update. Or maybe I am looking in the wrong spot, hehe.
[Wiki: Versions] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Why don't you want to go to 1.4.4, just out of interest?? It's soooo much better.
(2009-03-28, 10:42 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ][Wiki: Versions] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Why don't you want to go to 1.4.4, just out of interest?? It's soooo much better.

Just read my first post and you'll have the answer. Wink
Well, how about that.

Toungue
(2009-03-28, 03:16 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Well, how about that.

Toungue

Hehe. Thanks for the help guys, doing the upgrade now. Wink UPDATE: The upgrade went perfect! No probs. Only prob was that I had to re-upload my forum logo after the upgrade. Perfect upgrade. No comlaints!