MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: STICKY: Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I get my sticky threads to say sticky instead of like this forum
does. Putting the words "ImportantThread" above the thread. The same thing with announcements. They stand out more with the emphasized text infront of the thread title.

Thank You,
Chewch
Go to *your forum folder* -> inc -> languages -> english -> forumdisplay.lang.php ->
$l['sticky_threads'] = "Important Threads";
to
$l['sticky_threads'] = "Sticky Threads";

Announcements is there too Smile
Thanks CraKteR,
That helped, but is not what I was thinking of.
This is what I was thinking about....

[attachment=1571]

Thank You for your help !!!!
Chewch
I would *imagine* you can get that happening by first completely nullifying the templated table row which displays the 'important threads' bar, and then editing the sticky threadbit template to have the bolded Sticky:.

I can't actually remember if MyBB splits up the threadbits for different types (stickies, regular) into different templates though. If it doesn't, it might be significantly trickier.
they dont have seperate parts for stickies and normal links, i already looked Toungue
in RC4 the threads were prefixed with Sticky: and Announcements: but they were changed in PR2 to the ones you see now.
To be frankly honest I prefered the old way of indicating a Sticky post too. This only wastes more space.
Wastes more space? How can that be? Think about it if you have 10 importent/sticky posts, it would add it to every single one of them. with the new it just adds it before it. and after it to finish it. I donno if you understood a word I said. I'm bored, and norwegian.
CraKteR Wrote:Wastes more space? How can that be? Think about it if you have 10 importent/sticky posts, it would add it to every single one of them. with the new it just adds it before it. and after it to finish it. I donno if you understood a word I said. I'm bored, and norwegian.

Well it wastes a different a kind of space heh. Vertical as oppossed to horizontal.

I like both to be honest. It would be nice if they had "important threads" the way they are and then "sticky" threads the way they described here. But that's a minor minor minor issue so I'd rather they fix all the bugs first.

I'm sure you can make the change in the templates or code yourself.