MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PR2 Bug List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm trying again to fix the bug with the missing board when you move them and delete the old catagory. However, this is NOT what this post is about.

*note: These problems are reletivly consistant with all 3 instilations of this script on my server/hosted webspace.

1.) Often, when trying to log into a certain forum it will take me to the 'please wait' page and then back to the log in page. Username and password are both correct, and I recieve no warning otherwise. Have found it will only let me log in once I have cleared my cookies. This goes for each forum, everytime I log in.

2.) Recieving yahoo and msn labels in the 'who's online' space next to users who are currently online. I would VERY much like 'Yahoo! Slurp!' off that list.

-------

I have tried the forum-move-delete bug fix once, however it did not work. Trying again using the file from the origional zip folder to edit. Will be back very shortly with updates, but if any have an answer to those 2 problems, I'd love to know!

--------

UPDATE: The fix, reported http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=4353 does not work. I have attached the edited file to this, in hopes that someone might be able to offer some advice?
Ok here's a file from the latest code. The file may or may not work when used in PR2, so let me know.
theflyingkitty Wrote:1.) Often, when trying to log into a certain forum it will take me to the 'please wait' page and then back to the log in page. Username and password are both correct, and I recieve no warning otherwise. Have found it will only let me log in once I have cleared my cookies. This goes for each forum, everytime I log in.

Are all cookie settings correct? (both cookie domain and cookie path are set and correct)
DennisTT Wrote:
theflyingkitty Wrote:1.) Often, when trying to log into a certain forum it will take me to the 'please wait' page and then back to the log in page. Username and password are both correct, and I recieve no warning otherwise. Have found it will only let me log in once I have cleared my cookies. This goes for each forum, everytime I log in.

Are all cookie settings correct? (both cookie domain and cookie path are set and correct)

I renamed the cookies for all forums, giving them more specific-to-forum names. That has seemed to work. Trying the newer file now.
Allright, uploaded the new file and it would not allow for login. Just kept going back and never logging me in.

Uploaded the old file. Same problem. Tried in both Firefox and IE, clearing the cookies from both. No luck.

Uploaded the origional file from the zip. Still no luck. It will just not let me log in. Would it be best to back-up the database and re-install, or could these be a deeper problem within the MySQL itself?

And the URL is http://www.tempest-night.com/mainforum

Both of the other two seem to be working fine enough.

lawless.tempest-night.com

korguild.org
What are the cookie settings for your forums at "tempest-night.com" and the settings for "lawless.tempest-night.com"?

For "tempest-night.com they should be:
Cookie Domain: .tempest-night.com
Cookie Path: /mainforum

For "lawless.tempest-night.com":
Cookie Domain: lawless.tempest-night.com
Cookie Path: /1

Chris
They are, or were. Think I renamed one of them outside the domain and that seems to be working fine enough.

My current (major) problem is that it won't let me log into the tempest-night.com/mainforum forum at all. Ignores that cookie alltogether in both IE and Firefox, and on the PC as well as the Laptop. I have also tried registering a new username with no luck, and the same problem happening.

Did e-mail the owner of one of the web-comic's who's forum I host within mine as a sub. She has said that she has had no problems logging in at all. Went through the same process of upgrade with that board as I did with korguild.org

It's just the mainforum that's giving me such a heartache. I"m wondering, would it be worth re-installing the script and using the old database, or could the problem be deeper, with in the MySQL tables?
If it's throwing you back saying you aren't logged in after you login (and it's not giving you a message about invalid login details), then i'd say it is a cookie problem. I suggested the above because I thought it could be conflicting cookies and it still could be.

Is the mainforum set of forums actually setting the cookies? You can check with Firefox by going Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies and then searching for "mybbuser". Can you supply me with the host and path that Firefox says for the cookies for the mainforum as well as the ones for the one on the subdomain?

Chris
tempest.night.com

path: /

Hmm.... could his have come about when I changed the cookies for the other board? Currently, I would be the only one moving between the two.

---------------

Changed both the lawless and mainforum (through MySQL) cookie settings to what was suggested above. Still no dice.

The only thing similar to checking this prblem on my laptop and hen PC was the network, however it has no problems with any other upload/version/instance/etc of MyBB.
It's still taking me back to too seeing 'login - register' at the op of the page after I try to log in.

One of my users has now reported the following:

"If I enter my password to login, it tells me that I logged in successfully then it takes me to a registration for new users page. So I got it to send me a reset password code, but when I enter it it says that it's invalid. I cannot login, at the moment."

------

Any advice?
Pages: 1 2