MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] Post count != right number
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Say you have a thread with ~20 posts(or any number > ~2), and all the posts are unapproved. If you post in that thread, the number that you get won't be right, it'll be like 2 or something..

Image:
[attachment=13296]
... because the other posts aren't part of the thread yet. This isn't a bug.
Your logic makes no sense. Even the first post is unapproved,which would make my reply the first - not the second. Regardless, it's not proper functionality. The posts ARE there and are counted, regardless of whether they're shown. So they should still be counted.
The number you see is the "visible" count. If you have permissions to view, there is a number in parentheses that shows the unapproved count.
(2009-03-29, 02:01 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]Your logic makes no sense.

Is that so? [Image: 2z3njfq.gif]
(2009-03-29, 06:29 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]The number you see is the "visible" count. If you have permissions to view, there is a number in parentheses that shows the unapproved count.
Unless I confused myself, we're talking about two different things. I'm talking about a threadConfused
Unless your not making yourself clear enough, we are taking about the same thing.
Okay, I went into a thread(can't remember which one) and unapproved it for review. I posted a reply so the rest of the staff would know why. When I made the reply, all the posts were unapproved. My post would have been the 6th or 7th(I can't remember). I made the reply, but it said it was the second post - when it wasn't. I understand all the other posts don't 'count', but atleast make it so that if the user has the right permissions, the count won't be misleading. And also, if you refresh, it's fine though.
(2009-03-29, 10:17 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Unless your not making yourself clear enough

*you're

Sorry.

I believe it's this thread, yes?? http://community.mybboard.net/thread-47344.html

I posted in it and the stats seemed OK to me. As you said it was OK after a refresh, maybe AJAX was having a bad day??
Yes, that thread..

[attachment=13312]
(2009-03-29, 10:24 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-03-29, 10:17 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Unless your not making yourself clear enough

*you're

Sorry.

I believe it's this thread, yes?? http://community.mybboard.net/thread-47344.html

I posted in it and the stats seemed OK to me. As you said it was OK after a refresh, maybe AJAX was having a bad day??
It can't beConfused It says 3, even though your post isn't unapprovedConfused
Pages: 1 2 3