MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I upload avatars to gallery?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I add avatars to our gallery? I have done a search and don't see any answers.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks! Heart
Or you could just add more avatars to the images/avatars directory. Whatever you add there will appear in the avatar gallery.
(2009-03-29, 03:05 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Or you could just add more avatars to the images/avatars directory. Whatever you add there will appear in the avatar gallery.

Yes, that's what I thought, but I don't know how to do that. Could you give me step by step instructions? I know how to upload images in FTP but where do I go in Admin cp to get them?

Thanks!~
You shouldn't have to do anything in ACP, try just going to your UCP and browsing your avatar gallery.
(2009-03-29, 03:17 AM)farleyq Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-03-29, 03:05 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Or you could just add more avatars to the images/avatars directory. Whatever you add there will appear in the avatar gallery.

Yes, that's what I thought, but I don't know how to do that. Could you give me step by step instructions? I know how to upload images in FTP but where do I go in Admin cp to get them?

Thanks!~

In bold is what you need to do.
Yep, either just upload them to ./images/avatars/, or if you want a new gallery, make a new folder in ./images/avatars/ and put them in there.
(2009-03-29, 10:32 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, either just upload them to ./images/avatars/, or if you want a new gallery, make a new folder in ./images/avatars/ and put them in there.

Oh, ok. Thanks, you guys are the greatest! Heart
I'm using the theme Cappuchino, and while I can upload avatars with no issues, they don't show up in any gallery at all - regardless of whether I make a new directory for them in the theme's avatar folder or whether I just plunk 'em in the main avatar folder.

There's a .db file in there as well - do I need to delete this in order for everything else to work properly avatarwise?
Don't think MyBB would make .db files. Do even the default images show up in the list??
Nope. Just the ones that came with the theme. And I've got no idea how to turn them off. I'm going to experiment with turfing everything in that directory and just putting in my own avatars, and see what happens....
Ok, that worked. Huzzah!