MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change Forum Markers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was able to change these on the legend but not the actual markers. How can I change the actual forum markers? If it is part of a template field or theme field, where?

If you don't know what I am talking about look at the image attachment which is a screen shot of my forum.
Just change the images for that theme.
Like Josh Said, open the images directory of the theme you are using and overwrite the on.gif (new post) offlock.gif (closed) and off.gif (no new posts) files with your own.
(2009-03-29, 03:08 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Like Josh Said, open the images directory of the theme you are using and overwrite the on.gif (new post) offlock.gif (closed) and off.gif (no new posts) files with your own.

Labrocca has a plugin that lets you set them individually depending on the forum but you will nee to buy a subsciption for $5 from mybbcentral.com for it.

no he doesn't... he has Ficons. But he doesn't have something that changes the on/off images
(2009-03-29, 03:12 AM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]no he doesn't... he has Ficons. But he doesn't have something that changes the on/off images

Sorry, your right there. Follow the first part of my above post to change the on/off images.
I don't know how familiar you are with MyBB but if your using anything other than the default theme, they will be found in ./images/{theme}/off.gif ./images/{theme}/offlock.gif and ./images/{theme}/on.gif

the .gif is expected, but you could be using .png.
That's why i said go to the images directory of that theme (as in whatever theme you are using).

If i had have said ./images/{theme}/off.gif it would have been unclear as Soapy probably isn't familiar with convention of {theme} being the name of the theme. Also the theme images are not always located in the ./images directory, they can be put pretty much anywhere and often theme designers just put the root directory of their theme file and inexperienced users just upload the whole contents of the themes folder so the theme images directory just ends up being in the root directory.
If the name and file extension is the same, overwriting the file is fine. If the name or file extension is different, you'll need to edit it in the index template and some of the forumbit templates.
Alright, I already have change the ones on legend/key towards the bottom of the forum through the "index" template, becuase I am using the PNG file extention and not the GIF.

Do you know which Forumbit templates I need to code? I don't know what to look for, at least I can't fidn any of the original on/off.gif files in the codes.

---------------------------------------
From memory it's forumbit_depth2_forum and forumbit_depth2_cat
Pages: 1 2