MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login on new session?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Logging in on a session works absolutely fine and stays logged in no problem (assuming you have correct cookie path information)

Thing is, if you completely close IE or FireFox and re-enter either one, you will need to completely login again. Is there a way of it not logging you off until you actually click "logoff", not just terminate your current session?

Ta

Undecided
Hi,

I would check to make sure that your browser is not set to delete cookies on closing.
Looks like my browser settings are correct because if I close IE/FireFox after visiting this forum (and not "logging off"), when I next go in I am still logged on. So, it seems to be a setting specifically set on my particular forum, not a general fault like a browser setting.

Undecided
Alright was just a thought Smile

I am pretty new to MyBB and I am just now getting stuck into the code and I am not familiar with all the settings so I guess I can't be further assistance.

Good luck with it
Thank you for your help Abu.

Any other ideas anyone?
Make sure that you have it set to remember your login details in your UserCP options. That's what I use, I haven't logged in in months.
AHA! That's where the setting was! I figured it would be a generic setting for ALL users, not individually settable UserCP settings. Fantastic, problem solved - thank you very much Matt and Abu.

Big Grin
I'm glad it worked out for you.