MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installer just quits after mySQL page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my first attempt with myBB and I'm trying to install it on 1 & 1.
http://frogsweb.net/frogsweb/board/

Everything went fine until I hit Next on the Database Configuration page on the installer. After that my browser just goes blank.

I came here, read the wiki, went back and did the chmod exactly as explained, still no go.
Using Firefox 3, no filters. Fired up IE 7 and tried, still blank.
If I mistype the password on that page it will give me an error box.
Correct password, hit next and it goes blank every time.
I checked the db with phpMyAdmin and there are no tables created.
I chose mySQL 4.0 instead of 5 but I would be very surprised if that's the problem.

Blank isn't much to go on, but that's all I got.

Any ideas?

-Scott
(2009-03-29, 06:11 PM)scottswan Wrote: [ -> ]I chose mySQL 4.0 instead of 5 but I would be very surprised if that's the problem.

Prepare to be surprised, it probably is the problem. Quite a few people have had this problem when using MySQL 4 but hardly ever on MySQL 5. Why would you choose an older version, though....??

Oh, but good on you for checking the Wiki too, not a lot of new users do.
(2009-03-29, 06:16 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-03-29, 06:11 PM)scottswan Wrote: [ -> ]I chose mySQL 4.0 instead of 5 but I would be very surprised if that's the problem.

Prepare to be surprised, it probably is the problem. Quite a few people have had this problem when using MySQL 4 but hardly ever on MySQL 5. Why would you choose an older version, though....??

Oh, but good on you for checking the Wiki too, not a lot of new users do.

I looked all over for a MySQL version requirement and finally figured that the script might not be caught up to 5 yet, but should be compatible and/or backwards compatible with 4... Bad guess!

MySQL 5 installed just fine. Smile

Thanks!
-Scott