MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTML
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What would happen If I were to enable it?
I hear it is a security risk?
Why would enabling HTMl be a security risk? (isn't it restricted to certain tags?)
HTML isn't really a security risk IMHO. Sure, they could do stuff that could really screw up your pages (like put in a huge 2000x2000 pixel table or something), but I don't think there's any security inflictions with only HTML. PHP, yes, but HTML - not that I know of as far as security goes.
Well they could destroy the postbit table, change the colours on the page...
simply they can modify the page as they want]

just like in myspace, u used htm to modify what ever on ur page!! so then u might find a custom mouse, or effect on background etc...

That's why I would like to see the ability of using HTML in posts restricted to certain user groups.
Also, the MyBB HTML system right now isn't handling very well because you have to put the code on one line to get a page without unwanted gaps from hidden line breaks. Try to create a table like you would normally do in an editor and you'll know what I mean...

I still hope to see these features when 1.0 goes final.Rolleyes

Can
I've seen HTML fo certain usergroups done with vb using their plugin system, I'm sure it could be done with MyBB aswell.
For a setting in the AdminCP-Usergroups to toggle this setting, you'd need a modification as no plugin hooks exist at the moment in the Admin CP.