MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Setsou Design
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Intro: Setsou Design was created for those interested in graphic design and all other aspects that regard art.
Forum Link: Setsou Design Forum | Setsou Design's Blog
Extra Comments: Setsou Design was created in March 2009 for those interested in art and graphic design. I first started with the blog and then incorporated a forum and gallery. Everything was custom made both at the blog and on the forum, including the emoticons, forum icons, etc. The fixed width design will be changed to a fluid design soon along with more custom styles to choose from.

The first contest will be launched soon along with a referral contest.

Any thing you all would suggest as far as more modifications, etc?

Thanks.
You already know my opinion on thisToungue
Can you refresh my recollection...

That was good feedback, right?
Why is it so narrow?

And considering it's a graphics site, the custom graphics aren't that great.
Ah..it was...so-so. I don't like the colors, and things don't have much flow. Also there's some minor CSS flaws and things that don't look good in other browsers..
Because, it's not a fluid design.

What do you think could be improved, Brad, as far as the graphics are concerned?
(2009-03-29, 08:06 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]Ah..it was...so-so. I don't like the colors, and things don't have much flow. Also there's some minor CSS flaws and things that don't look good in other browsers..
Yeah, I noticed that too.

In order to see the full design, I had to use Firefox.

I'm going to talk to FMB about sprucing it up.
Well the colors are too....different. And as far as more feedback on the site, you need to make it flow better - as in the blog look like the forums, or vice-versa. I like the "A creative little world" background on the forums thoughSmile
There are two designs on the blog. One design matches the forum, but the other doesn't.

The default one that you are probably seeing has a matching skin to go with the forum that is being developed now.

Also, I thought different was good, is it not?

"A creative little world" was thought up by the designer. Setsou, in Japanese, means creative. So, I assume that's where she got it from.

Thanks for the feedback Tom.

Question - on the blog, for the theme switcher, does it work for you?
I don't even see a theme switcher on the blogConfused
My site's not fluid either. Neither is MyBB's forum. But it's not nearly as narrow as yours.

The gradients aren't very nice looking, particularly having them go in two different directions (I also think the lightest part of the gradient should always be at the lower part but that's personal preference). For the on/off, could you really do nothing a bit more elegant than a giant SD? And the lock is just the same thing with a big red X over it. For a graphics site, come up with something a bit more abstract and elegant.

The design in the welcome bar is a nice idea but it's too contrasted. Reduce the opacity by a large amount/make the shade of the design a lot darker.

The footer is light grey. You probably just missed it.

The buttons you made aren't very original ... and a lot of them look quite bad and are either blurry or poorly aligned.

The star images are the originals and look really jagged.

Overall, I think it would be best to start this over.
Pages: 1 2 3