MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing the vertical alignment of the star rating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
(I think this is do to my forum being RTL based and thus "messing" thing a bit)
I would like to get the rating (stars and text) you see above the thread to vertically align to the bottom so that its close to the top of the thread border - the same height of the "Pages". On my forum you see it align to the top of the "New Reply" button.

Ori...
Guys... Help, please.
If you edit star_rating.css, you'll see this:

.star_rating,
.star_rating li a:hover,
.star_rating .current_rating {
	background: url(../../../images/star_rating.gif) left -1000px repeat-x;
	vertical-align: middle;
}

Changing the vertical align property will get the effect you need. If it doesn't, you might need to add a few padding properties to get the desired effect.
It didn't. this is why I asked. I do understand the basics of CSS, but I can't see/think (most of the times) outside the code itself.
I just looked on your forum to see what it is you're trying to do and I couldn't find the thread ratings Undecided

Can you give us a screenshot by any chance?
Ohh, I didn't think of that. I removed it from some forums. you can try: http://www.ithelp.co.il/forum/Thread-%D7...7%95%D7%AA (this is, as you can see, copied from IE). This forum is under a hidden category, so you'll need the direct link.
.star_rating {
	position: relative;
	width:80px;
	height:16px;
	overflow: hidden;
	list-style: none;
	margin: 0;
	padding: 0;
	background-position: left top;
}

From what I see, the star rating is in a relative position, at the top and to the left. Try and remove the background position.
Again, no joy... When I change any of the settings (except for the "url(images/star_rating.gif) left -1000px repeat-x" into url(images/star_rating.gif) left 0 repeat-x - which solved, to the better part, a known problem in Hebrew based forums), the star picture gets either messed or shown on some "random" place on the page.