MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ajax PM Notification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(2009-12-09, 11:25 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]Update: Plugin licence changed to GPL and footer link completely removed (try version 1.8 or above)! Smile

many thanks .. this is a top plugin
(2010-01-31, 03:18 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-31, 03:03 PM)Pars Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
Why do not work this plugin in some themes?

Don't know. It should be theme insensitive. Can you give me a download link to a non compatible theme so I can test it.

(2010-01-31, 03:17 PM)xiofire Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming your using setInterval(); to fire a function to reload a page that checks for PM's, are you sure you want to run an SQL query every 10 seconds? Also, wouldn't this use quite a bit of bandwidth?

The plugin itselfs don't make any db query. It checks only if $mybb->user['pmnotice'] > 0
I see MyBB do a query to set this value but I don't know a way doing an Ajax PM check without it. If you have any idea let me know. Smile

Well, I would just make the minimum a high number, and not check for a few minutes. Because chances are that if a user is rapidly changing pages, the normal PM checker will fire, not needing to make another request.

My $0.02
(2010-01-31, 03:18 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]

Don't know. It should be theme insensitive. Can you give me a download link to a non compatible theme so I can test it.

Please test by this theme:
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/mybb-mod-v2

Thanks for bug report. I updated the plugin to version 1.8.1
Thanks For your attention Heart
thank u but this plug in take a lot of bandwidth. its make my forum take more bandwidth.
(2010-04-10, 10:07 AM)desertlioon Wrote: [ -> ]thank u but this plug in take a lot of bandwidth. its make my forum take more bandwidth.

This is by design. There is no way to create an Ajax auto refresh without producing traffic. You could try to increase refresh time in Admin CP. This may help a little bit but if you have hundreds or thousands of member online I would disable this plugin too... Rolleyes
Found a bug 1.6

when board offline and a member is logged in it displays 2 forums

confirmed on localhost as well with std theme
(2010-09-26, 01:05 AM)crypt Wrote: [ -> ]Found a bug 1.6

when board offline and a member is logged in it displays 2 forums

confirmed on localhost as well with std theme

Thanks for reporting, Will be fixed in next version. As a workaround for current version just disable the plugin while the board is offline.
thanks lots
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10