MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help and ideas to setup MyBB to requirments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would love some help to know if MyBB 1.4.4 has the ability to, and if so how to, or ideas to accomplish, the following requirements for my organization.

1. Ability to add too / modify the agreement a user must accept upon registering. How exactly would I go about changing it?

2. Have a basic running forum that allows posting as usual, but have the ability to have a group or at least user permissions set to a "probationary" status were we don't have to "Ban" per-say, but users posts would have to be checked by moderators prior to being posted.

3. My modify/edit another users post. How do I give the moderator group or at least user, the right/permissions to edit posts not owned by him as the super moderator / admin can?
1. CHMOD ./inc/languages/**language**/member.lang.php to 666 and then you can edit the language variables in the ACP. It's also good to CHMOD all your language files to 666 but member.lang.php is the one necessary to do what you need.

2. There's a setting in the forum settings to make posts and thread require moderation first.

3. When you make a moderator, you get given a choice of permissions to give them, one of which is the ability to edit other people's posts.
1. OK, thanks

2. Is it every post or nothing? Or can it be a user by user or group by group basis?

3. I'm not seeing the option. I see the option to edit "own" but not others? Were exactly is that setting?

Thanks in advance.
2. It's just all posts/threads in that forum.

3. As I said, when you go to make a user a mod of a particular forum, you get the options then. ACP > Forums & Posts > **chose forum** > Options > Moderators. That's when you actually assign them to that forum, and is when you see the options.