MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal redirect problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys. I have read so much today trying to get the portal as my first/home page. I finally did it by renaming the index and portal php's. I only had one skin with the portal and forum buttons built in and had to edit that to accomodate the new php names.

However i have a small problem. If from the portal page you use the login/register links at the top centre of the page everything is fine and after a successful log in i am redirected back to the portal/index page.

But if i try to use the "Welcome" log in box on the portal side boxes after saying i am successfully logged in i get an error. It appears that this log in method is trying to return me to the portal.php which no longer exists as it's now the index.php. I get a 404 error and the address in the browser bar ends /portal.php. If i remove the /portal.php and refresh my address bar then my portal page reloads and im logged in. Not all members will know to do this though.

I'm sure it's just a case of editing some code to change portal.php to index.php but i have looked everywhere to find it and still haven't. I'm not sure if it will be in a php file or in a template somewhere either Global or Skin related. I know i can remove the welcome box from the portal sidebox list but it would be nice to get it working properly. Also in an ideal world after logging in you would be directed to the newly named forums.php so if i find this i'm sure i can get it to do that instead.

Any pointers towards how to remedy this would be great and thanks in advance. Big Grin

***UPDATE***

In index.php (was portal.php) I found this line ... redirect("portal.php", $lang->redirect_loggedin); and changed portal.php to forums.php and Roberts your fathers brother. Now to find how to get the other log in method to go straight to the forums.

Does anybody know where that edit needs to go please ? I mean i would also like to redirect the general log in like at the top of this page to the forums.php (was index.php)

Thanks
(2009-03-30, 11:04 PM)ChAoS Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys. I have read so much today trying to get the portal as my first/home page. I finally did it by renaming the index and portal php's. I only had one skin with the portal and forum buttons built in and had to edit that to accomodate the new php names.

However i have a small problem. If from the portal page you use the login/register links at the top centre of the page everything is fine and after a successful log in i am redirected back to the portal/index page.

But if i try to use the "Welcome" log in box on the portal side boxes after saying i am successfully logged in i get an error. It appears that this log in method is trying to return me to the portal.php which no longer exists as it's now the index.php. I get a 404 error and the address in the browser bar ends /portal.php. If i remove the /portal.php and refresh my address bar then my portal page reloads and im logged in. Not all members will know to do this though.

I'm sure it's just a case of editing some code to change portal.php to index.php but i have looked everywhere to find it and still haven't. I'm not sure if it will be in a php file or in a template somewhere either Global or Skin related. I know i can remove the welcome box from the portal sidebox list but it would be nice to get it working properly. Also in an ideal world after logging in you would be directed to the newly named forums.php so if i find this i'm sure i can get it to do that instead.

Any pointers towards how to remedy this would be great and thanks in advance. Big Grin

***UPDATE***

In index.php (was portal.php) I found this line ... redirect("portal.php", $lang->redirect_loggedin); and changed portal.php to forums.php and Roberts your fathers brother. Now to find how to get the other log in method to go straight to the forums.

Does anybody know where that edit needs to go please ? I mean i would also like to redirect the general log in like at the top of this page to the forums.php (was index.php)

Thanks

look , use my member.php ( attached )
[attachment=13327]

open it with Text Editor
Replace forum.php with ur forums link

my portal www.haifafans.net/fanclub/index.php
my forums : www.haifafans.net/fanclub/forum.php
Yeah thanks i had already tried changing the 2 .php's mentioned but for some reason i still go back to the portal page. It's not a major just it would be good if i could get it to redorect into the forums.

I'm wondering if theres anything else i need to edit ?

Anyway thanks.
Does the portal redirect plugin do what you need??
Thanks for the reply matt ...

I did look into the plugin but wanted to have the portal more a page of the site. The plan is to have links to stats etc on it that guests can see but only registered members can use the forums. I have got all the redirects working and the one mentioned above is just me being picky cos i managed to get log ins from the portal sidebox to redirect members to the forums but not the top log in system, that goes back to the portal still.