MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there.
I have installed a MyBB 1.4.4 forum and went ok for a few days, but now I can't login and neither the users can. I have found your tips regarding cookie domain and cookie path but still doesn't work. It's the same behaviour: I enter my username and password, then there is the message telling me that I logged on successfully, but still treats me as guest. Is there anything else I can try to solve this problem ?
If you read the sticky thread, you should have seen, in large, bold, red text, to tell us your URL, otherwise there is really nothing we can say.

Also moved to support, this isn't a bug.
I'm sorry for not paying attention.
The forum for the URL is http://forum.american-studies.ro
What's settings.php CHMOD to?? Needs to be 666. Try also removing the . from the start of the cookie domain, may not be necessary with a subdomain, and if that's the case, I'll update the page. Just noticed the domain on these forums has no . at the start of it.
It was 777. I changed it now to 666. Still, the same problem.
Edited in something about the cookie domain, now that I look at it, think that could be it.
So what can I do now? What else can I try?
(2009-03-31, 09:35 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Edited in something about the cookie domain, now that I look at it, think that could be it.
Still doesn't work.
They're still the same settings. Maybe you're not changing the right thing, at the start of the cookie domain, there's a ., try and remove that.
Pages: 1 2