MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot upload attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings,

I am unable to upload attachments. All necessary folders have been properly chmoded i.e 777.

Edit: The Error is
Error Attaching File
The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. Error details: The attachment could not be found on the server.

If this is a server side problem please guide me on what to do, as I am on un-managed VPS I've to do everything on my own.

Please help.

TY.
CHMOD the upload folder to 777 and the upload/avatars to 777.
I think you didn't read the first line, all necessary files are properly chmoded i.e 777
(2009-03-31, 11:23 AM)kan3 Wrote: [ -> ]I think you didn't read the first line, all necessary files are properly chmoded i.e 777

hoh.. I thought only i'm facing this problem. Try to repair your upload folder.... Big Grin
Repair = delete and recreate? lol
create new folder first with other name, and then create inside new folder same as your upload folder, after that copy all file and paste to the new folder.. Then the first folder that you create just rename it with upload.
Okies bro I'll try that now.
okies.. Before this, i also facing this problem, but nothing related with my hosting.. So i ask to my hoster provider and they repair the folder.. Big Grin
Ok I've found the problem. If I upload an attachment it gets uploaded in a folder /uploads/200903 whose permission is 755, uploading one file is not a problem, but when another file is uploaded it returns an error.

I think these folders 200902, 200903 are named after the year and month.

Is there any way to fix this?
Try changing those to 777 too.
Pages: 1 2