MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Resolved] Forum Permission Fail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right i am really clueless about this now but it appears that i have no permissions to view any threads on my own forum. I am the root administrator and i cannot view any thread, i can view the forum with the list of threads but no groups.

I have checked the forum permissions in both the admin panel and the database layout. Both are valid, i have a single thread which allows an administrator to do everything, i checked the group and they can do anything but any time i click on the thread i just get the "You do not have permission to access this page." error.

Any suggestions?
So you've checked the Edit Permissions/Set Permissions too?? Screenshot of what's set??
Wow that was a quick response.

Here is a screenshot of the forum permissions:
[Image: forumperm.jpg]

Here is a screenshot of the admin permissions:
[Image: adminperm.jpg]
When you're changing the permissions on the forum, click on "Set Permissions" for the admin group, then make sure that everything is checked.
[attachment=13329][attachment=13330]
That isn't what I meant, next to the usergroup, in the top screenshot, there's a link called Edit Permissions, click that, and check things there.

The problem is probably actually caused because you've set it to not use the group default...
It's working now great, thanks. Awesome quick response by the way thanks.

Its just strange that it works like that or rather doesn't or whatever. thanks anyway.
Well, when you untick the box to use the group default, the permissions for that group, in that forum, have to all be set manually. The ones you see with the checkboxes, your first screenshot, are the 'common' ones. However, there's also a load more when you click Edit or Set Permissions. One of the permissions here is the ability to view threads in that forum, and in 1.4.4, there's a bug when changing something on the 'common' permissions page, causes the one about viewing threads to become unticked, but it's fixed in 1.4.5. Hope that makes sense Toungue
Ah right yeah thanks. Smile