MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't login from link in confirmation email?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason it will not let me log into the site from the link in a confirmation email. (email memebr gets when someone replies to there post) Here is the link:

http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/forum/mybb/showt...ost&tid=21

I type in my user and pass and it just goes back to the login again?

My forum is integrated into a dating site script. When I click the forum link from within the site, it logs me into the forums perfectly. Its just when I try to go to the forums straight from the link in the confirmation email. Then it will not let me log in at all?

I am using version 1.2.14 (I can't upgrade....this version is the newest one compatible with my dating script)

Has anyone come across this before?

UPDATED: I think I would like to know a way of totally turning off the email verifications. I can remove the email verification options from the templates. Is there a faster way of turning off all email funtions?
It sounds like a cookie issue so we're going to need your actual URL. I'm not sure what you're getting at by email verifications though, do you mean the activation email, or thread subscriptions??
http://www.ggggggggggg.com/forum/mybb/sh...ost&tid=21

Oops, I mean thread subscriptions emails.
Yeah, your cookie settings are just wrong.

Your cookie domain should be: .keystrokedating.com
Your cookie path should be: /forum/mybb/

Unless you can change these OK in the ACP, change them in ./inc/settings.php and then the ACP straight after.
Ah...my cookie path was set at /

I will try changing it and see what happens. Thanks for the help. I didn't post my full url of my dating site before because I didn't want to get booted from the forums for spamming a link, hehe.

UPDATE: I changed it OK in the ACP. It still won't let me log into the forum unless I go through the website first. Any other things I could try? Should I change them in ./inc/settings.php as well? Even thought the change in the ACP went ok?