MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No "new message alert" pop up window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have admin on a friends board, and we're trying to figure out why, even when it's enabled, the profile option to alert a user when they receive a new message doesn't work. I've tried switching the skin used and still I receive no pop up. This is my first time using MyBB so I'm learning as I go and have absolutely no idea how to correct this/what the problem might be.

Any suggestions on where to start/how to correct it would be appreciated.

forum link: http://www.rs-syndicate.com/

Thanks Smile

*Edit* I just read a post that says there is no pop up box on 1.4, but one of the other admins says that he received pop up replies before they installed the new skin.
There's no pop-up, no, so anything that did pop-up would have been a plugin or a modification of some sort. You don't mean the yellow message that shows in the header, do you??
(2009-04-01, 09:26 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]There's no pop-up, no, so anything that did pop-up would have been a plugin or a modification of some sort. You don't mean the yellow message that shows in the header, do you??

Yes, one of those doesn't come up when users have a new message either. Any idea why?
Make sure it's turned on in their options for a start, and that {$pmnotice} is in your header template, down the bottom.
(2009-04-02, 01:19 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure it's turned on in their options for a start, and that {$pmnotice} is in your header template, down the bottom.
will check the header template, thank you
{$pmnotice} was not in the header. I tried putting it in, still no notice and my option for notification is enabled.
Oops, it's {$pm_notice}, my bad.
Thank you, thank you, it works now. I appreciate the help.