MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avid Forum- Forum Hosting with an edge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We all know everyone has been creating forum hosts lately but none of them have the experience or knowledge to give people complete support. Well today that changes Avid Forum is a forum host run by people who have used mybb and are experienced with it and can help you. We offer top notch support and our promise is that if you post support and it's not solved within 24 hours we will give you free premium hosting for a year.

We offer all the best themes and plugins to get your forum started the way it should be. You can be assured also that if you want a theme or plugin added we will add it for you licensing permitting.

With out farther adieu,

http://avidforum.us
http://avidforum.us/community

Create yours today.
It looks good. I would fix the navigation on all pages except the index page. They seem to still have the AvidBlog links. A lot of pages still have the AvidBlog header too.

Try making a the forum creation page match your site's theme. Other than that stuff it looks great.

I also noticed when I create a forum the board's status is set to closed. I recommend changing that.
I and Max are currently both working on some mock-ups for a new site design. I'll post them here when mine are done.
Might want to change some pages to avid forum and not avidblog

AvidBlog is a free service for communication, self-expression and freedom of speech. We believe AvidBlog increases the availability of information, encourages healthy debate, and makes possible new connections between people.We respect our users’ ownership of and responsibility for the content they choose to share. It is our belief that censoring this content is contrary to a service that bases itself on freedom of expression.
In order to uphold these values, we need to curb abuses that threaten our ability to provide this service and the freedom of expression it encourages. As a result, there are some boundaries on the type of content that can be hosted with AvidBlog. The boundaries we’ve defined are those that both comply with legal requirements and that serve to enhance the service as a whole.

not very proffesional if the site isn't even ready and stil has old info
Technically, the site isn't ready for launch - but Max figured he'd post it so we can get your opinions so far. Thanks for the feedback, tgo - and I'll look into fixing it shortlySmile Thank you everyone else for your feedbackSmile - Tom
All the things going to avidblog are just mistakes that I must of missed and also for the links I forgot that its not setup right now to update all links site wide. Its fixed now. Also the creation page I'm holding off right now on as I'm doing some editing of some things and I'm not sure if I the exact form/creation script is going to be used. As Tom said we just wanted opinions now and we are working on mockups of new themes now.
Just a little update..
I have a very basic mockup sketch done, of which I will be posting later. I need to fine tune some things and clean up the drawing a bit and re-do it in pencil; then I will take a picture with my camera for you all to see.

Also..
I'm currently working on making the creation page match the layout, on my localhost installation of the forums. Once I have that done, I will post an image of that as well to get your opinion(s) on it.

And finally..
Once I have my mockups done, if you like them - feel free to start suggesting colors/color schemes.

Kind Regards,
Tom