MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: why are my questions/posts get pushed without an answer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all you big shuts.
I posted three(3) questions and they are getting pushed to page no. 3 (the third time) and beyond without any answer (or even some comment). I do think that this questions are a bit more challenging then, for ex., a new user's questions, so I would think that it can be interesting to try and solve them.

here are them:
1. Changing the vertical alignment of the star rating
2. how to block either certain browsers and/or java disabled
3. How do I prompt a user's/guest's IP? (on this one, @DennisTT asked me a question but there was no followup)

I do think that all my questions can be important to others to.
So, please help...
Well, you see... It happened again.
Please help. I really need some inputs/unswers to my posts.
(If I did something wrong that you don't want to help me - at least tell me...)
Sometimes we accidentaly miss a thread, and forget to go back. Don't forget, some/most of us are now busy with school/college, work, family, etc. Please try and be more patient.
Actually, I now everyone is busy (each with his own), but the thing is that I "bumped" my qeuestions three(3) times befor letting them go beyond page no. 4 and writing this.
B.T.W, this is why I (repeatably) asked to create a newsletter plugin. This (for management, to differ from members) can help as see all those "lost" threads/posts.
You do realise that none of your "problems" are actually MyBB support...?...

We're volunteers, and sometimes we don't know the answers - and those that do might not get a chance to see your thread. For example, by the time I get to these forums you thread might already be on the third page. If only we were masters of time... Toungue
@Tomm, why aren't they MtBB "problems"?
no. 1 - is a problem in showing MyBB (nothing to do with my current theme, as I tried it with the default and it's the same). This is, b.t.w., a known problem with Hebrew based MyBB sites (from 1.4.1 upto now).
no. 2 -I know this is not a MyBB question, but it comes from the problem showing MyBB with IE6 and under. I just expanded it.
no. 3 - was "burn" out of a couple of mods/plugins that seem to work for others and not for me.

ohh, and if you'll note, most of my questions, although, I encountered (personally, on my own forum) them, others my want these answers as they are, usually (by this time) something that I couldn't solve by myself.
Quote:The MyBB Group provides support in this forum for:
  • General issues with MyBB
  • General faults (which could possibly be bugs) with MyBB
  • "How do I use feature x and feature y" discussions
This is not the support forum for:
  • "I installed a plugin and now my board doesn't work"
  • "This plugin is performing incorrectly"
  • Questions relating to the modification of MyBB in terms of code, themes and templates.

To me, your problems are modifying MyBB - not general issues with it. #1 is more of a browser thing, not with MyBB itself. Regardless, we do still try and answer questions if we know the answers to them.
@Tomm, thank you for your help and time - I really do appreciate the time an effort you (and others) give to answer me (and others) as I do, here in Israel. I just felt (is this the right spelling? my spellchecker says it is, but...) in this case that something isn't ok (and thus my comment on the second post).