MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Review the Host2x Family.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Got 3 of 'em here. Just want a simple review of what you think of them (as a whole or seperate if you have time).

www.Host2x.com
www.Talk2x.com (No longer online)
www.IMG2x.com (No longer online)

I am aware that the navbar is not identical in all 3, I tried my best (all of them are using the same CSS and HTML, but I'm done scratching my head over why they are all different). Big Grin
I havent used talk or IMG but host2x is downgrading lol.

I use to look up to that place but the recent updates has sort of made me look for another host
Good job though!
Your free hosting package is fantastic. Smile
Host2x is downgrading? How so?

As for IMG2x and Talk2x, those had to close down for various reasons. The MyBB Multiforum script I was using on Talk2x had a bug I couldn't find or fix so I had to close it down because it would bring user forums offline once a week and I couldn't find a fix except restoring from a previous backup. IMG2x was using entirely to much bandwidth and I couldn't find a way to control it aside from limiting the services which I didn't want to do so taking it offline was my only option (I would rather not offer a service than offer a bad service Wink).
Why would you bother bumping this??
Seriously..
I haven't used it or anything, but I checked it out and the forum looks really nice. Good job, gonna have to check out their hosting plans now.

(2009-06-19, 02:45 AM)Dalton Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you bother bumping this??
Seriously..
Whoa hadn't noticed it was that old of a topic Toungue
I'm wondering the same thing. Usually people don't bump old threads like this unless they had a bad experience which I would like to know if they have so I can improve if possible.
Quote:Host2x is downgrading? How so?
Well:
1st: You stoped UK hosting thing so I cant even use you anymore :\ :\ :\
2nd: You stoped all countried except the us [wow..]
by them 2 ^^ it seems like you're sort of really strugling [Cant spell :s] to like manage and you're really well uno what i mean hehe Big Grin

Then:
You affiliated with some site resulting in all free hosted users to have these popups and stuff so ugh :s

But yeah just what I think Wink
I stopped allowing UK users because of the connectivity problems we've been having that are out of my control. It's unfair for users to sign up then require a proxy to view their own site. We plan on purchasing a server overseas to remedy this problem though when we get funds (right now the income generated barely pays for the current costs).

Struggling isn't exactly the word for it. I've been building a lot of the infrastructure to allow for rapid expansion and unfortunately have nobody to assist in day to day operations so I'm currently juggling between management, support, and growth. I have been writing custom code for increased security, reducing the risk of abuse, optimizing the server for better performance, and to provide more features for clients. I have also just made over $2000 worth of purchases after spending multiple hours touring local data centers to find one to house the server hardware we purchased (we finally decided on www.GoRack.net which is a 5+ hour drive but was worth the trip). I have been on the phone almost every other day with Parallels working out contracts for licensing to best manage our clustered network. I have also been talking with 3 seperate companies to outsource our technical support in order to provide a 24x7 staff with a 1 hour SLA. Not to mention I haven't even started working on the SAN array for backups or getting an automated fraud checking system in place. So as I said, struggling is not really the word for it. Wink

Popups and stuff? Currently our affiliates (all 3 of them) only receive a text link and/or button on our main page or forum home. We do not place anything on user sites nor to we adjust, impact, or otherwise alter user content.

Are you sure you are visiting the right site? Please provide any information you can to back up your statements as they are rather offensive since they contradict everything my company stands for. Honesty is my only policy, I have always been 100% honest and communicated everything to the clients. Even various details that would be in my best interest not to disclose I still do. I make an announcement every time the end users are impacted even if they do not know it and even if it is because of a mistake or oversight on my part. With that being said, I really take much offense when you dig up a thread from April and post negative statements that hold no truth.
I got the popup part from:
Quote:you may see the name JWeb2 LLC pop-up here and there

Link:
http://www.host2x.com/thread-426.html

Thats my stuff backed up lol. ^^ Above post isnt talking rubbish.
Pages: 1 2