MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blogs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody see the mod Nickman is working on? It's a blog system I thought it looked pretty impressive. Here's a link to the page. It's in private beta but a public one will be released soon I think Wink

http://mybbsource.com/forums/thread-1476...ml#pid9930
Hm. Looks pretty niceSmile
I don't know if this is the right place to ask the question. I have installed the myblogs mod and it really looks pretty nice IF I'm logged into my Forum. If a non-registered user visits the page /blogs.php he sees absolutely nothing. Just a blank page. I guess this isn't how it's supposed to be. Does anyone have an idea what could be the reason for this and how to fix this. Does anyone have the same problem? Thanks
The right place to be would be his site
Quote:The right place to be would be his site
His site is down at the moment. Although you can try contacting him on BBhoster.net if you can't get him here.

(2009-06-10, 08:29 PM)firefox-forum.eu Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if this is the right place to ask the question. I have installed the myblogs mod and it really looks pretty nice IF I'm logged into my Forum. If a non-registered user visits the page /blogs.php he sees absolutely nothing. Just a blank page. I guess this isn't how it's supposed to be. Does anyone have an idea what could be the reason for this and how to fix this. Does anyone have the same problem? Thanks
Are your Blogs set to Private or Public?
I think you should still get a "No Permissions page" if they are Private.
Did you try re-uploading all the files?
The Blogs are public. It is actually just one blog for testing. And even if it were private the blog homepage would still be visible for everyone. And if there are no blogs with public permission there would be a message like "there are no public posts".
If found the mistake. It's the mod "Infobar" that is supposed to display an infobar for guests. If anyone experiences a similiar problem, disable infobar. I also found out that with infobar installed there will appear errors for guests at other occasions. For example, if a Thread has more than 2 Pages a guest cannot see any of them. I didn't realize that until now. Wow, I'm happy now that I can use this awesome plugin Myblogs Smile